The forum is now closed. Thank you to all those who have posted comments and contributed to the Committee’s inquiry into FCO consular services. The Committee will draw upon the information submitted via the web forum as it continues its work. Over the next few months, the Committee will hold further evidence sessions and will conclude by producing a report with conclusions and recommendations for the FCO. Information about the inquiry will be posted regularly on the Committee’s inquiry page.
The Committee would like to hear about the FCO’s consular advice and support for UK nationals during large scale events or large scale crisis situations, such as a natural disaster, a terrorist attack, or conflict situation.
Based on your experience, were you able to access up to date FCO information and guidance?
- Did you do so online, on social media, via call centres, or in person?
- Did the FCO provide timely and accurate advice and safety information?
- Were there adequate FCO staff on the ground and available by phone?
- Was an evacuation necessary and, if so, was it carried out safely and efficiently?
- Were you satisfied with the consular service that was provided?
- Do you have any suggestions to improve the service or examples of good practice from elsewhere?