Wednesday 25 April 2012 at 2pm in Committee Room 13
John Thurso (in the Chair)
Sir Paul Beresford
Sir Alan Haselhurst
1. Matters arising from the informal note
Sir Alan Haselhurst had been omitted from the list of apologies for the previous meeting.
2. Savings programme in the light of debate in the Chamber on charging for Clock tower tours (15 March)
The Committee considered a note by the Chair.
3. Non-cash costs: Staff pension scheme and Estate valuation
The Committee agreed its advice to the Commission regarding the accounting treatment of non-cash costs for consideration by the Commission on 14 May.
4. BAPG request
The Committee agreed to recommend to the Commission that it should not agree to a request from the British American Parliamentary Group for additional funding in 2012/13.
5. Savings programme: Income generation-Charity
The Committee considered a paper on the process for assessing a business case for the establishment of a charity as part of the income generation strand of the Savings Programme.
6. Update on the contract for maintenance of trees in Portcullis House
The Committee noted the revised contractual arrangements for the maintenance of the trees in Portcullis House.
7. Update on proposed Standing Order
The Committee agreed to write again to the Procedure Committee about the proposed standing order on motions and amendments with implications for the House of Commons Administration budget.
8. Date and time of next meeting
Wednesday 16 May at 2.00pm.