The Exiting the European Union Committee questions Steve Baker MP and Robin Walker MP on the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill.
Thursday 26 October, Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House
- Steve Baker MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Exiting the European Union
- Robin Walker MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Exiting the European Union
Purpose of the session
This is the final evidence session of the Committee's inquiry into the EU (Withdrawal) Bill.
In this session, the Committee questions Ministers on:
- The provisions for transposing EU law into UK law
- The implications of not preserving the Charter of Fundamental Rights in the UK legal order
- The scope of the powers delegated to Ministers to make changes to EU laws retained in the UK
- How EU laws and obligations retained in UK law will be enforced once the UK leaves the EU
- The implications of the Bill for the devolution settlements
- The provisions for implementing the withdrawal agreement
- How the Bill would allow for a transition period and prepare for a no deal scenario