The European Scrutiny Committee questions the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland about EU exit and arrangements regarding the land border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Wednesday 16 May 2018, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
Focus of the session
The Committee will ask the Secretary of State questions about the Irish border aspect of the withdrawal negotiations.
Issues likely to be covered include:
- specific customs and regulatory controls and possible solutions to them
- the implications of the “maximum facilitation” and “customs partnership” approaches for Northern Ireland
- progress with negotiating “the backstop” (full alignment) and
- the implications of No Deal