Ministers and officials from the FCO, Defra and DfID will be questioned by the Environmental Audit Committee at 2.45 pm on Tuesday 9 July in Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster, as part of its inquiry into Sustainability in the UK Overseas Territories.
At c.2.45 pm
- Mark Simmonds MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Dr Peter Hayes, Director Overseas Territories, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Richard Benyon MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Jeremy Eppel, Deputy Director, International Biodiversity, Ecosystems and Evidence, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Ian McKendry, Deputy Director for the Overseas Territories and the Caribbean, Department for International Development
This session will explore the UK Government policy on sustainable development and the protection of biodiversity in the United Kingdom Overseas Territories.