The Environmental Audit Committee will hold its first public evidence hearing on its Green Finance inquiry at 2.20 pm on Wednesday 26 June in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
In this session the Committee will explore the following issues:
- Is a ‘carbon bubble’ developing in stock markets? What are the likely impacts?;
- Do investors adequately take into account the risks to their investments from a ‘carbon bubble’ and climate change more generally?; and
- Is action needed to stop the carbon bubble from growing/bursting? What more should the government be doing to help tackle it?
At 2.20 approx
- James Leaton, Project Director, Carbon Tracker Initiative
- Dr Nicola Ranger, Senior Research Fellow, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment
At 3.10 approx
- Michael Liebreich, Chief Executive, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
- Donald MacDonald, Trustee, BT Pension Scheme and Chair of the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change
- David Russell, Co-Head of Responsible Investment, Universities Superannuation Scheme investment Management