The Environmental Audit Committee will hold its final public evidence hearing on its Green Finance inquiry at 2.15 pm on Wednesday 11 December 2013 in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
At 2.15 pm
- Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP, Minister for Business and Enterprise (BIS) and Minister of State for Energy (DECC).
Purpose of session
The aim of this session is to examine whether the Government’s programmes and policies are sufficient to achieve the required investment in Green Finance.
The Committee will examine:
- whether the Green Investment Bank is doing enough to support the sectors that need investment, including community energy
- possible alternative sources of finance that the Government could unlock
- whether the Government is creating a policy environment that is conducive to investment in renewable energy and other green projects
- corporate reporting on environment risks