The Environmental Audit Committee holds its first evidence session in its inquiry into Sustainable Seas.
Purpose of the session
The Committee will hear from the Government’s Chief Scientific Advisers and leading academics from the sector.
The session will explore the findings of the Government Office for Science’s Foresight report on the future of the sea.
Questioning will focus on the threats to the ocean from climate change, pollution and overexploitation and whether marine conservation methods are working to mitigate these risks.
Wednesday 5 September 2018, The Wilson Room, Portcullis House
At 2.15pm (approx.)
- Dr Patrick Vallance, Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- Professor Ian Boyd, Chief Scientific Adviser, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
At 3.15pm (approx.)
- Professor Rachel Mills, Dean of the Faculty of Natural and Environmental Sciences, University of Southampton
- Professor Colin Moffat, Office of the Chief Scientific Advisor, Scottish Government
- Dr Abigail McQuatters-Gollop, Lecturer in Marine Conservation, University of Plymouth