The Environmental Audit Committee continues its inquiry into sustainable seas.
Tuesday 16 October 2018, Committee room 5, Palace of Westminster
- Fiona Ball, Head of Inspirational Business, Group, Sky plc
- Charles Clover, Great British Oceans Coalition
- Will McCallum, Head of Oceans, Greenpeace
- Professor Gideon Henderson FRS, Chair of Future Ocean Resources, The Royal Society
- Michael Lodge, Secretary General, International Seabed Authority
- Christopher Williams, Managing Director, UK Seabed Resources Ltd
Purpose of the session
This session explores the threat to the ocean from plastic pollution and social corporate responsibility. It will also examine progress towards the designation and management of Marine Protected Areas and the UK’s international ambitions for marine protection.
The second panel will examine deep sea mining and how its environmental risks can be mitigated.