Following the publication of the NAO’s report on Packaging Recycling Obligations, which found significant gaps in the Government’s oversight and enforcement of the system, the Environmental Audit Committee holds a one-off session with key stakeholders, the Minister and the regulators of the system.
Wednesday 12 September, Committee room 5, Palace of Westminster
- Lee Marshall, Chief Executive, LARAC
- Ruth Beckley, Director of Compliance, Valpak
- Phil Conran, Chair, Advisory Committee on Packaging
- Richard Kirkman, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, Veolia
- Dr Therese Coffey, Minister for the Environment, DEFRA
- Chris Preston, Head of Resources and Waste, DEFRA
- Marie Fallon, Director of Regulated Industry, Environment Agency
Purpose of the session
The session will explore what the Packaging Recycling Obligations have achieved, their position in the wider recycling policy landscape and how they could be reformed in light of the NAO’s findings.
Image: Parliamentary copyright