The Environmental Audit Committee holds its first session on Net Zero Government.
The first session of the inquiry into net zero government will hear evidence from the Ministry of Justice and Network Rail. The inquiry will focus on the sustainability of the Government’s estate and procurement processes, how Government sets and performs against its own targets and what action it needs to take to achieve its net zero emissions target by 2050 or sooner.
Wednesday 4 September 2019, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Carl von Reibnitz, Sustainability Director, Ministry of Justice
- Barry Hooper, Chief Commercial Officer, Ministry of Justice
- Clive Beard, Programmes Director, Prisons Estate Maintenance and Improvement, Ministry of Justice
- Dr Rossa Donovan, Head of Environment and Sustainable Development, Network Rail
- Professor Jim Watson, Professor of Energy Policy, UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources and Director, UK Energy Research Centre
- Julie Hirigoyen, Chief Executive, UK Green Building Council
- Dr Rebecca Willis, Research Fellow, University of Exeter
- Dr Joanne Wade, Deputy Director, Association for Decentralised Energy