This is the first hearing of a short Environmental Audit Committee inquiry into flooding, looking particularly at cooperation across Government.
Wednesday 27 January 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
- Lord Krebs, Chair of the Adaptation Sub-Committee, Committee on Climate Change
- Matthew Bell, Chief Executive, Committee on Climate Change
- Daniel Johns, Head of Adaptation, Committee on Climate Change
- Professor Dieter Helm, University of Oxford
Purpose of the session
Following another winter of severe UK floods, the Committee investigates whether the current cross-Government approach to flooding is sustainable.
The Committee seek to hear evidence on:
- whether the Government’s departments and agencies take a joined-up approach to this issue,
- strengths and weaknesses of the Government’s current approach, and
- what must action must be taken to ensure that the UK is best-placed to deal with future flooding.