The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee has decided to hold two evidence sessions on the rationalisation of the AHVLA’s laboratory services in England and the AHVLA’s proposals for competitive tendering for Official Veterinarians (OVs) services.
1. Tuesday 31 January 2012
Venue: Committee Room 20
At 11.00 am
- AHVLA Thirsk Regional Laboratory Veterinary Investigation Officers,
- National Pig Association, and
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust Marine Strandings Network
At 12 noon (approx)
- British Veterinary Association, and
- British Cattle Veterinary Association
2. Wednesday 1 February 2012
Venue: Committee Room 15
At 3.45 pm
- Rt Hon James Paice MP, Minister of State, Defra,
- Catherine Brown, Chief Executive, AHVLA, and
- Nigel Gibbens, Chief Veterinary Officer, Defra
For further details about this inquiry, please contact Rebecca Ross, Agriculture Specialist to the Committee, on 020 7219 2735.
The meetings will take place in a committee room in the House of Commons. Visitors should check the exact location nearer the time on http://services.parliament.uk/calendar/.
The sessions are open to the press and the public. Please allow half an hour to clear security.