The session will focus on the importance of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to the rural economy, the challenges they face and the policy response from Government.
The meeting will take place on Wednesday 7 November at 3.00pm in Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster.
At 3.00 pm
- Dr Adam Marshall, Director of Policy, British Chambers of Commerce
- Paul Johnson, Chair, Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership
At 4.00pm (approx)
- Gillian Elliott, Acting Assistant Director Economic Development, Cumbria County Council
- Helen Wright, Rural Policy and Partnerships Manager, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Councillor Keith House, Chair of Environment and Housing Board, Local Government Association
The session will also cover the work of the Rural Communities Policy Unit in Defra, its ability to act as rural champion in the heart of government, and its effectiveness in delivering rural development.