The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee hears from economists, academics and leaders from the Agri-Tech industry for its inquiry on the Work of DEFRA: Health and Harmony.
Wednesday 18 April, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Ben Caldecott, Senior Associate Fellow, Bright Blue
- Angela Francis, Chief Economist, Green Alliance
- Michael Taylor, Economics Research Fellow, Policy Exchange
- Tim Bennett, Chairman, Centre for Innovation Excellence in Livestock
- Fraser Black, Chief Executive Officer, Crop Health and Protection
- Professor Simon Blackmore, Head of Robotic Agriculture, Harper Adams University
- Tom Hind, Chief Strategy Officer, Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
Likely topics for discussion
Likely topics for discussion include: the impact of withdrawing agricultural subsidies, devising a new system based on public goods and the latest innovations in agricultural technology.