The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee holds the first evidence session for its inquiry into fur trade in the UK.
Wednesday 7 March 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
At 09.30 am
- Claire Bass, Executive Director, Humane Society International UK
- Alex Bushill, News Correspondent, BBC London News
- Sarah Hajibagheri, Reporter, Sky News
At 10.30 am
- Neil Hackett, Interim Supply Chain Director, Missguided
- Paul Horsfield, Merchandising Director, BooHoo
- Dorothy Maxwell, Head of Sustainability, House of Fraser
Purpose of the session
The first panel will include the Humane Society and representatives from Sky News and the BBC, who both contributed to exposing the continuing occurrences of real fur being sold as fake fur in the UK.
The second panel will question fashion retailers Misguided, BooHoo and House of Fraser on the steps that can be taken to avoid the sale of real fur as fake fur.