The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee continues its inquiry on fisheries. This session addresses key opportunities and challenges for the fisheries industry following the Government's announcement that it will be withdrawing from the Common Fisheries Policy (CPF) and the announcement of a Fisheries White Paper and Bill.
Wednesday 13 December 2017, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Euan Beaton, President, Macduff Shellfish (Scotland) Ltd
- Daniel Whittle, Managing Director, Whitby Seafoods
- Jimmy Buchan, Business Manager, Scottish Seafood Association
- Andrew Kuyk CBE, Director General, UK Seafood Industry Alliance
- Mark Simmonds, Policy Manager, British Ports Association
- Martyn Boyers, Chief Executive, Grimsby Fish Dock Enterprises
Aim of the session
The aim of the session is to highlight the main challenges and opportunities for UK fisheries after withdrawal from the EU.