The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee questions experts on how they will address opportunities and challenges for the fisheries industry. The session follows the Government's recent announcement that it will be withdrawing from the Common Fisheries Policy (CPF) and the announcement of a Fisheries White Paper and Bill.
Wednesday 29 November 2017, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Helen McLachlan, Programme Manager, Fisheries Governance, WWF UK
- Dr Thomas Appleby, University of West England
- Dr Steven Mackinson, Chief Scientific Officer, Scottish Pelagic Fishermen’s Association
- Erin Priddle, UK Fisheries Manager, EDF
- Griffin Carpenter, Senior Researcher, New Economics Foundation
- Professor Richard Barnes, University of Hull
- Aaron Brown, Fishing for Leave
- Jim Portus, CEO, South West Fishermen's Producer Organisation
Aim of the session
The aim of the session is to highlight the main challenges and opportunities for UK fisheries after withdrawal from the EU.