The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee continues its inquiry into Brexit and trade in food. In this session the Committee questions key producer organisations and trade bodies how they will address the opportunities and challenges for the dairy, poultry and pigs industries.
Wednesday 29 November 2017, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Michael Oakes, Chairman, NFU Dairy Board
- Paul Vernon, Chair, Dairy UK
- Mr Nick Whelan, Group Chief Executive, Dale Farm
- Edward Barker, Senior Policy Adviser, National Pig Association
- Richard Griffiths, Chief Executive, British Poultry Council
- Peter Allan, General Manager, Cargill Meats Europe
- Andrew Saunders, Agriculture Director, Tulip Ltd
Aim of the session
The aim of the session is to set out key trade issues and options in light of Brexit, specific to each sector, at present and going forward.