The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee hears from Flood Re and the insurance industry on the affordability and availability of insurance for customers in flood risk areas and the impact of the government-backed Flood Re reinsurance scheme.
Wednesday 15 June 2016, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Brendan McCafferty, Chief Executive Officer, Flood Re
- Mark Hoban, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Flood Re
- Huw Evans, Director General, Association of British Insurers
- Iain Hamilton, Head of Pricing and Underwriting, UK General Insurance for Personal Lines-Property, Aviva
Purpose of session
The session explores a number of themes, including:
- How accessible is affordable insurance for customers in high flood risk areas?
- What are the impacts on householders and the market of the Flood Re scheme?
- Should similar schemes be developed for businesses and new builds?
- How can government and the industry prepare for the transition to the open market in 23 years when Flood Re expires?