The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee hears from planners and developers on reducing flood risk and building more resilient homes as part of its future flood prevention inquiry.
Wednesday 25 May 2016, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- James Harris, Policy and Networks Manager, Royal Town Planning Institute
- Steve Wielebski, Technical Advisor, Home Builders Federation
- Philip Barnes, Director for Land and Planning, Barratt Developments Plc
Purpose of session
The session explores a number of themes, including:
- How well does the planning system minimise flood risk from new developments?
- What should developers do to reduce flooding and its impacts?
- How effectively are Sustainable Drainage System (SUDs) being used?
- How can new and existing homes be made more flood resistant?