The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the final evidence session of its inquiry on the EU Emissions Trading System at 11.00 am on Tuesday 11 October 2011 in Committee Room 21, Palace of Westminster.
At 11 am the Committee will hear from
Gregory Barker MP, Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The aviation sector in the EU Emissions Trading System
- Dealing with emissions from international shipping
- How the EU Emissions Trading System can help to meet the UK’s climate change targets
- The economic impacts of the EU Emissions Trading System
- Whether the EU can sustain a credible carbon price without a global deal
- How to cooperate with other countries to achieve a fair deal on climate change