The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the third oral evidence session of its inquiry “The UK’s Energy Supply: Security or Independence?” at 9.45 am on Wednesday 15 June 2011 in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
Who will give evidence?
At 9.45 am the Committee will hear from:
- Dr Gordon Edge, Director of Policy, RenewableUK
- Gaynor Hartnell, Chief Executive, Renewable Energy Association
- Graham Meeks, Director, Combined Heat and Power Association
At 10.45 am the Committee will hear from:
- Jonson Cox, Executive Chairman, UK Coal Mining
- David Brewer, Director General, Confederation of UK Coal Producers
- Dr Jeff Chapman, Chief Executive, Carbon Capture and Storage Association
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The role for demand side measures in improving energy security
- Balancing a low-carbon electricity system
- The role of coal during the UK’s transition to a low carbon economy
- Progress towards carbon capture for both coal and gas plants