The Energy and Climate Change Sub Committee on Local Energy will take evidence on Monday 20 May 2013, at 2pm in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
Panel 1, 2.00pm
- Duncan Botting, Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Grant Bourhill, Energy Technologies Institute
- Nigel Cornwall, Cornwall Energy
- Professor Jim Watson, UK Energy Research Centre
Panel 2, 3.00pm
- Merlin Hyman, Regen SW
- Graham Meeks, Combined Heat and Power Association
- Felix Wight, Community Energy Scotland
- Rebecca Willis, Co-operatives UK
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The contribution medium-sized projects could make to the UK’s energy supply;
- What the barriers are to medium-sized and community-owned projects;
- Whether additional advice and support is needed to get projects off the ground; and
- How greater levels of private sector investment might be encouraged.
Written evidence from witnesses
Read written evidence submitted to the Committee by the witnesses appearing: