The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the last evidence session on Smart meter roll-out on Tuesday 4 June 2013 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House
Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
At 9.30 am:
Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
At 10.15 am:
- Baroness Verma, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, and officials.
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- Timescale for smart meter roll out;
- Consumer protection - Ofgem’s role in protecting consumers;
- Managing the costs of roll-out: costs, benefits and value for money;
- Passing on savings to consumers;
- Potential consumer savings and the role of in-home displays (IHDs);
- Demand management and time-of-use (ToU) tariffs;
- Consumer concerns, opt-out and charging;
- Data management and security;
- Small businesses and roll-out; and
- Public concerns about smart meters and consumer engagement.
Written evidence from witnesses