The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take its third evidence session, in public, on The Impact of Shale Gas on Energy Markets.
The Committee will meeting at 3.00 pm on Wednesday 16 January 2013 in The Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
At 3.00 pm
- Paul Spence, Director of Strategy and Corporate Affairs, EDF Energy
- Tom Crotty, Chief Executive Officer, INEOS Olefins & Polymers Europe
- Peter Parsons, Forecasting Manager, National Grid
- Martin Pibworth, Deputy Managing Director for Energy Portfolio Management, SSE
At 4.00 pm
- John Hayes MP, Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Simon Toole, Director of Oil & Gas Licensing, Exploration and Development, DECC
- Chris Barton, Head of International Energy Scrutiny, DECC
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The potential for community and landowner benefit from shale gas development;
- What effect the development and expansion of a shale gas industry will have on gas markets; and
- Wider issues relating to the development of shale gas in the UK.
Written evidence from witnesses
Read written evidence submitted to the Committee from the witnesses appearing;