The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on the Renewable Heat Incentive at 10.30 am on Tuesday 26 March 2013 in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
Panel 1 – 10.30am
- Dave Sowden, Chief Executive, The Micropower Council
- Simon Lomax, Managing Director, Kensa Engineering
- Tim Minett, Managing Director, CPL Industries
Panel 2 – 11.30am
- Pippa Read, Policy Leader, Sustainable Developments, National Housing Federation
Panel 3 – 12.00pm
- Jeremy Hawksley, Director General, OFTEC
- Barry Gregory, Chairman, OFTEC
- Martyn Bridges, Vice Chairman, OFTEC
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- Lessons learned from the implementation of the non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive and the Renewable Heat Premium Payments scheme to date;
- Why the domestic phase of the RHI has been significantly delayed and what impact this has had on the renewable heat industry;
- How the non-domestic and domestic RHI can be improved in the future;
- How the RHI can be utilised to help tackle fuel poverty and whether DECC should consider devising a dedicated tariff for Social Landlords under the Renewable Heat Incentive; and
- Whether it would be desirable and feasible to make bioliquids eligible the domestic RHI.