The Energy and Climate Change Committee hear evidence on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 5th Assessment Review on Tuesday 11 February 2014, in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House
Tuesday 11 February 2014
Panel 1, at 9.30am:
- Sir Peter Williams, Royal Society
- Dr. Emily Shuckburgh, Royal Meteorological Society
Panel 2, at 10.30am:
- Guy Newey, Policy Exchange
- Jonathan Grant, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- James Painter, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford
Timings are approximate.
Purpose of the session
The session explores a range of issues, including:
- Attribution of the cause of climate change;
- IPCC communication, media coverage and controversies;
- Business and policy decisions in the face of uncertainty; and
- National and international policy considerations.