The Energy and Climate Change Committee holds its second evidence session, in public, on The Impact of Shale Gas on Energy Markets.
The Committee will meet at 9.30 am on Tuesday 11 December 2012 in The Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
- Francis Egan, Chief Executive Officer, Cuadrilla Resources Ltd
- Corin Taylor, Senior Economic Advisor, Institute of Directors
- Graham Tiley, General Manager (Ukraine), Shell International Ltd
- Professor Kevin Anderson, Deputy Director, UK Tyndall Centre, University of Manchester
- Jenny Banks, Energy and Climate Change Policy Officer, WWF UK
- Tony Bosworth, Climate and Energy Campaigner, Friends of the Earth
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- What effect the development and expansion of a shale gas industry will have on the UK;
- How the Government’s Gas Generation Strategy and announcements in the Autumn Statement will influence the development of the UK shale gas industry; and
- The wider implications of shale gas on the UK’s climate change obligations and investment in renewable energy.