The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the first oral evidence session of its inquiry into fuel poverty in the private rented and off-grid sectors at 9.40 am on Wednesday 11 January 2012 in the Wilson room, Portcullis House.
At 9.40am approx
- Mary Starks, Director of Infrastructure, and James Macbeth [tbc], Office of Fair Trading
- Mark Askew, Chief Executive, and David Todd, President, Federation of Petroleum Suppliers
- Paul Blacklock, Head of Strategy and Corporate Affairs, Calor Gas
- Rob Shuttleworth, Chief Executive, UKLPG
At 10.40am approx
- Lauren Langton, Coordinator, Allendale domestic oil buying group, Hexham, Northumberland
- Mike Murray, Coordinator, North Tyne Valley domestic oil buying group
At 11am approx
- William Baker, Head of Fuel Poverty, Consumer Focus
- Ron Campbell, Head of Policy and Information, National Energy Action
Timings are approximate.
What will be discussed?
Competition in the off-grid energy sector and the OFT off-grid market study;
- Regulation of the sector and consumer protection
- Mitigating actions taken by off-grid consumers (e.g. group purchasing)
- Division of resources in the Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
- The Green Deal and ECO in off-grid areas
- The role of low-carbon technologies
- Potential for extending the gas network
- The Warm Homes Discount Scheme