Committee to hold first evidence session in its "Emissions Performance Standards" inquiry.
On Tuesday 12 October, Committee Room 17
At 10.15 am
- Lord Turner, Chair, and Dr David Kennedy, Chief Executive, Committee on Climate Change
- Professor Jon Gibbins, Edinburgh University
At 11.15 am
- Nick Molho, Head of Energy Policy, WWF
- Simon Skillings, Senior Associate, E3G
- Chris Littlecott, Senior Policy Advisor, Green Alliance.
The session will cover a broad range of issues to include:
- Why an emissions performance standard (EPS) might be needed in the UK
- How an EPS could be designed in order to be most effective
- How an EPS could fit in with other reforms to the electricity market
- Whether an EPS could influence international efforts to tackle climate change