The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on Energy Prices, Profits and Poverty at 9.30am on Tuesday 12 March 2013 in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
- Ron Campbell, Chief Policy Analyst, National Energy Action
- Mervyn Kohler, Special Adviser, Age UK
- Derek Lickorish MBE, Fuel Poverty Advisory Group
- Richard Lloyd, Executive Director, Which?
- Audrey Gallacher, Director of Energy, Consumer Focus
- Citizen’s Advice
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- Fuel poverty and switching
- The Energy Company Obligation
- Ofgem’s Retail Market Review and the Energy Bill
- The Hills Review of fuel poverty
- Energy bills and affordability
- Transparency and liquidity in wholesale energy markets
- Energy company profit margins and transparency