The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the third oral evidence session of its Electricity Market Reform inquiry on Wednesday 2 February 2011 in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
What will the meeting cover?
The session will cover a broad range of issues, including:
- Rising gas and electricity bills
- Why the UK needs Electricity Market Reform
- The energy security challenge
- Climate change mitigation
- Competition in UK electricity markets
A provisional timetable of oral evidence ( PDF 82 KB) is now available.
- Juliet Davenport, CEO, Good Energy
- Darren Braham, Chief Financial Officer, first :utility
- Dorothy Thompson, CEO, Drax Power
- Dr Steve Riley, Executive Director, Europe, International Power
- Dr Gordon Edge, Director of Policy, RenewableUK
- Sarwjit Sambhi, Managing Director of Power Generation, Centrica Energy
- John McElroy, Head of Policy & Public Affairs, RWE Npower
- Sara Vaughan, Director of Regulation and Energy Policy, E.ON
- Keith MacLean, Policy and Public Affairs Director, SSE
- John Campbell, Director of Energy Wholesale Business, Scottish Power
- Paul Spence, Director of Strategy and Regulation, EDF
Timings are approximate.