The Committee took evidence from:
Tuesday 24 January 2012 in Committee Room 17, Palace of Westminster
At 10.15am approx
- Professor David Newbery, University of Cambridge
- Simon Skillings, Trilemma UK Ltd
- Melle Kruisdijk, Director Market Development, Wärtsilä Power Plants
At 11.00am approx
- Nick Winser, Executive Director, National Grid
- Mark Ripley, Project Director for Electricity Market Reform, National Grid
Wednesday 25 January 2012 in Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
At 2.15 pm approx
- Charles Hendry MP, Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change and officials
The sessions will explored a range of issues, including:
- Is the System Operator the most appropriate delivery body for Feed-in Tariffs with Contracts for Difference and for a capacity mechanism?
- What will the main challenges be for the institution entrusted with the delivery of the Electricity Market Reform policies?
- How will the Government’s choice of capacity mechanism affect security of supply and affordability.