A one-off special Inquiry held by the Education Select Committee into the Revised School Admissions and Appeals Codes.
Wednesday 12 October 2011, Committee Room 16, The Palace of Westminster
- Lesley Black, Education Adviser and Trainer, Advisory Centre for Education (ACE)
- Annie Hudson, Strategic Director ,Children, Young People & Skills, Bristol City Council and Association of Directors of Children’s Services (ADCS)
- Rob McDonagh, Headteacher, West Bridgford School, Nottingham, member of Foundation, Aided Schools and Academies National Association (FASNA) and member of DfE Sufficiency and Fair Access Task and Finish Group
- Professor Anne West, London School of Economics
- Representative from the Sutton Trust
Purpose of the session
The session will explore the Government’s proposed changes to the School Admissions and Appeals Codes and their likely impact on children and their families, schools and local authorities. The Committee will also take into account provisions in the Education Bill and consider the proposed changes in the context of an increasingly autonomous school system.