The Education Committee will hold the sixth evidence session in its inquiry into Foundation Years: Sure Start children's centres on Wednesday 10 July.
Wednesday 10 July 2013, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Louise Silverton, Director for Midwifery, Royal College of Midwives
- Jane Williams, Head of Children, Young People and Family Services, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Cllr Richard Roberts, Lead Member for Children's Services and member of Health and Wellbeing Board, Hertfordshire County Council
- Carole Bell, Head of Children's Commissioning, North West London Commissioning Support Unit
- Neil Couling CBE, Work Services Director, Department for Work and Pensions
- Annie Hudson, Chief Executive Designate, The College of Social Work
- Tim Sheriff, Head Teacher, Westfield Community School and Children's centre, Wigan
- Elizabeth Young, Director, Research, Evaluation & Policy, Home-Start UK
Purpose of the session
This is the sixth oral evidence session of the Committee's inquiry into Sure Start children's centres. The session will focus on partnership working and children's centres. The first panel consists of partners from midwifery, health visiting and health commissioning, as well a member of a Health and Wellbeing Board. With the second panel the Committee will hear views on children's centres from partners working in social care, education and the voluntary sector, as well as in employment services.