Further evidence session on academies and free schools
19 March 2014
The Education Committee holds the third evidence session on academies and free schools on Wednesday 19 March 2014 at 9.30am.
Wednesday 19 March 2014, the Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Gabriel Sahlgren, Research Director at the Centre for Market Reform of Education, Institute of Economic Affairs and Affiliated Researcher with the Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Sweden.
- Dr. Olmo Silva, Research Associate, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE
- Henry Stewart, Founder, Local Schools Network
- Dame Sally Coates, Principal of Burlington Danes Academy
- Prof. Anne West, Director, Education Research Group, LSE
- Sam Freedman, Director, Research, Evaluation & Impact, TeachFirst
- Christine Gilbert, Chief Executive, London Borough Brent
- Mike Cladingbowl, Director of Schools, Ofsted
Timings are approximate.
Purpose of the session
The session explores whether academisation has had a positive impact on student attainment, and the potential of the policy to sustain school improvement in both sponsored and converter academies. The effectiveness of the academy model in ‘closing the achievement gap’ between disadvantaged pupils and their peers will be considered.
Twitter users can engage with the Committee’s inquiry into Academies and Free Schools via use of the suggested hashtag: #EducomAcademies
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Education, Schools, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page