The Education Committee hears from university vice-chancellors as part of the value for money in higher education inquiry.
Wednesday 21 February in Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Edward Peck, Vice- Chancellor, Nottingham Trent University
- Peter Horrocks, Vice- Chancellor, The Open University
- Professor Dame Janet Beer, Vice- Chancellor, University of Liverpool and President of Universities UK
- Professor Chris Husbands, Vice-Chancellor, Sheffield Hallam University and Chair of Teaching Excellence Framework panel
- Professor Louise Richardson, Vice-Chancellor, University of Oxford
- Alice Barnard, Chief Executive, Edge Foundation
- Angela Joyce, Group Principal and CEO, Warwickshire College Group
- Alistair Jarvis, Chief Executive, Universities UK
Purpose of the session
Members will also hear from a separate panel of representatives from Universities UK, Edge Foundation and Warwickshire College Group, focusing on degree apprenticeships, higher education in colleges and the graduate premium.
The inquiry is examining the use of graduate outcomes data, social justice and progression of disadvantaged students and the quality of teaching across institutions.