Local authorities questioned on school and college funding
27 November 2018
The Education Committee hears from representatives of local authorities in its inquiry into school and college funding.
Tuesday 27 November in Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Dave Hill, Executive Director of Children, Families and Learning, Surrey County Council
- Gary Fielding, Corporate Director of Strategic Resources, North Yorkshire County Council
- Tim Moss, County Commissioner for School Quality Assurance and Intervention, Staffordshire County Council
- Cllr Anntoinette Bramble, Chair of the Children and Young People's Board, Local Government Association
- Cllr Paul Carter, Chair, County Councils Network
- Yolande Burgess, Strategy Director, London Councils
Purpose of the session
The Committee examines the changing role of local authorities in the funding of schools and colleges and other educational services.
The session is the fifth oral evidence hearing in the inquiry which is being held to determine what the Department for Education’s priorities should be for the next Spending Review period and whether schools and colleges would benefit from a 10-year spending plan.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Education, Further education, Local authorities, Schools, House of Commons news, Commons news
Share this page