The Education Committee hears from Anne Milton MP, the Institute for Apprenticeships, Ofsted and the Education and Skills Agency, on the quality of apprenticeships and skills training.
Tuesday 15 May, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Sir Gerry Berragan, Chief Executive, Institute for Apprenticeships
- Paul Joyce, Deputy Director for Further Education & Skills, Ofsted
- Keith Smith, Director of Apprenticeships, Education and Skills Funding Agency
- Rt Hon Anne Milton MP, Minister for Apprenticeships and Skills
- Rory Kennedy, Director of Apprenticeships, Department for Education
Purpose of the session
Members of the Committee are likely to ask about what is being done to remove barriers to apprenticeships to promote social justice as well as questions about the apprenticeship levy and sub-contracting.
Questions to the Institute for Apprenticeships, Ofsted and the Education and Skills Agency, are likely to focus on how they are ensuring the quality of apprenticeships.
The session is the sixth in the inquiry which is examining whether employers, learners and tax payers are getting value for the time and money invested in training and whether more needs to be done to detect poor quality provision.