The Education Committee hears from the Minister for School Standards, the CEO designate of the new College of Teaching and organisations who have recently published reports on issues surrounding teacher retention and workload.
Wednesday 19 October 2016, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- David Anstead, Strategic Lead, Nottingham Education Improvement Board
- Dame Alison Peacock, CEO designate, College of Teaching
- Peter Sellen, Chief Economist, Education Policy Institute
- Jack Worth, Research Manager, National Foundation for Educational Research
- Nick Gibb MP, Minister for School Standards, Department for Education
Focus of the session
The session reviews the latest evidence on teacher retention in England, and discusses the impact of workload on teacher retention and morale. The Committee also examines the role of teacher status in recruitment and retention, and questions the Minister on developments since the Committee's last evidence session on this issue.