The Education Committee takes evidence from representatives of children and young people charities as part of its inquiry into the mental health and well-being of looked after children.
Wednesday 16 December 2015, venue TBC
- Lisa Harker, Director of Strategy, Policy and Evidence, NSPCC
- Kevin Williams, Chief Executive, The Fostering Network
- Sarah Brennan, Chief Executive, Young Minds
- David Graham, National Director, Care Leavers' Association
- Tony Clifford, Head of Virtual School for Children in Care, City of Stoke-on-Trent
- Carol Jones, Specialist for Leadership and Teacher Professionalism, Association of School and College Leaders
- Natasha Devon, Founder, Self-Esteem Team
Focus of the session
The first panel is likely to focus on issues affecting children and young people, from the perspective of those organisations who work directly with looked after children and their carers. The second panel focuses on schools and their part in supporting children in care with mental health issues.
Read the written evidence submitted to the Committee