open - accepting written submissions
Accepting written submissions; the deadline is Thursday 15 August 2019.
Scope of the inquiry
The Education Committee's inquiry is examining the benefits of adult skills and lifelong learning to the individual, society and the wider economy. The inquiry will also explore the level of support available to learners, and the role played by local authorities/combined authority areas in providing adult education.
Term of Reference
The Committee is inviting written submissions addressing the following questions:
- What are the benefits of adult skills and lifelong learning (ASALL) for productivity and upskilling the workforce?
- What are the benefits of ASALL for social justice, health and well-being?
- What role can local authorities/combined authority areas play in ASALL provision?
- To what extent is the range, balance and quality of formal and informal ASALL education adequate?
- Who currently participates in and benefits from lifelong learning?
- What lessons can the UK learn from abroad?
If you would like to submit evidence of a personal experience of adult skills and lifelong learning, we will be running a survey over the summer to gather insight into people's experiences of this area. This will be announced on our Twitter feed in due course.
Terms of reference:
Send a written submission