The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee questions broadcasters and journalists from the BBC in a public evidence session on BBC pay.
Tuesday 20 March 2018, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Liz Kershaw, Radio Broadcaster, BBC 6 Music
- Kirsty Lang, Journalist and Broadcaster, BBC
- Paul Lewis, Journalist and Broadcaster, BBC
- Stuart Linnell, Radio Broadcaster, BBC Radio Northampton
- Jolyon Maugham QC, Tax Lawyer, Devereux Chambers
In this second oral evidence session on BBC pay, MPs are likely to ask witnesses about the use of Personal Service Companies at the BBC.
BBC Management was asked to send witnesses but declined.
The Chair of the Committee, Damian Collins MP said:
"It is highly disappointing that the BBC Management did not see fit to send anyone to give evidence at this session given there are many outstanding questions for them to answer on Personal Service Companies.
Further, the BBC’s answers to our written questions on pay data were not particularly illuminating, referencing older data and offering nothing new. We are likely to have some robust written questions for the BBC following the session on Tuesday."