The Defence Committee takes evidence from the Service Complaints Ombudsman for the Armed Forces who provides independent and impartial oversight of the Service complaints system for members of the UK Armed Forces.
Tuesday February 26 2019, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Nicola Williams, Service Complaints Ombudsman for the Armed Forces
Purpose of the session
Areas that will be covered at the session include:
- the effectiveness of the Service Complaints system and possible further improvements
- the Ombudsman’s role, budget and resources staffing,
- the level and types of Service complaints
- overrepresentation of female and BAME personnel in the complaints system
- the experience of Reservists in the complaints system
- the recommendations and conclusions of the Ombudsman’s Annual Reports and the Ministry of Defence’s response to them.
Image: Service Complaints Ombudsman