The Defence Committee holds evidence session on their inquiry into procurement update.
Purpose of the session
The Committee is holding two sessions to look into recent developments in the defence industry, particularly GE’s proposal to move work from Rugby to a site in Nancy and the way in which the MoD is procuring new Fleet Solid Support ships.
A session in April heard from relevant trade unions. This session will take evidence from GE and Min(DP).
Tuesday 21 May 2019, Committee room 16, Palace of Westminster.
- Andy Cooper, Managing Director, GE Power Conversion UK Ltd, Rugby
- George Kunder, Chief Operating Officer, GE Power Conversion
- Stuart Andrew MP, Minister for Defence Procurement
- Sir Simon Bollom KBE CB, Chief Executive, Defence Equipment and Support
- Air Marshal Richard Knighton CB, Deputy Chief of Defence Staff (Financial and Military Capability)
- Rear Admiral Paul ‘Tex’ Marshall CBE, SRO Fleet Solid Support Programme
Image: Crown Copyright