The Defence Committee holds the fourth evidence session into how the 2015 Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) affects the Army.
Tuesday 1 November 2016, The Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Sir Michael Fallon MP, Secretary of State for Defence
- Lieutenant General Mark Poffley OBE, Deputy Chief of Defence Staff, Military Capability
- Paul Wyatt, Head of Defence Strategy and Priorities
Purpose of the session
The Committee questions the Secretary of State for Defence and MoD officials on the delivery of the Army elements of SDSR 2015 and explore the challenges that the MoD and the Army will face in doing so.
Particular areas the Committee will seek to examine include:
- Progress in the delivery of the Army 2020 programme.
- What changes might yet be required in the Army to meet the requirements of the SDSR's Joint Force 2025 plan, as well as other changing strategic circumstances.
- The plan for the creation of a war-fighting division.
- Defence Engagement and National Resilience.
- Army personnel matters
Image: Crown copyright