The Culture Media and Sport Committee met today Tuesday 16 August 2011 to discuss the evidence it has received in response to its requests for further information and clarification, in its work on phone hacking.
Having considered the responses it received as a whole, the Committee has decided to call Tom Crone, Colin Myler, Daniel Cloke and John Chapman to give further evidence on Tuesday 6 September. Depending on their evidence under questioning, the Committee may also have further questions for James Murdoch and others.
The Committee has also decided to write to Stuart Kuttner, Les Hinton, Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks, to ask them whether they wish to add anything to or amend any of the evidence they have previously given to the Committee. It is also writing to Lawrence Abramson, law firm Burton Copeland, and law firm Farrer & Co. with further questions arising from the evidence it has received so far.
The Committee will consider all the further evidence it gathers and decide on further action it will take in due course.
The Committee is today publishing the evidence it has received from News Corporation, Rebekah Brooks, Colin Myler, Tom Crone, Jon Chapman, law firm Harbottle and Lewis, the Press Complaints Commission, Mark Lewis, and law firm Linklaters - see below.
Read the correspondence
- Letter from Chairman to James Murdoch, 29 July ( PDF 725 KB)
- Letter from James Murdoch to Chairman, 11 August ( PDF 11.64 MB)
- Letter from Chairman to Rebekah Brooks, 29 July ( PDF 257 KB)
- Letter from Rebekah Brooks to Chairman, 8 August ( PDF 21 KB)
- Letter from Chairman to Jonathan Chapman, 29 July ( PDF 31 KB)
- Letter from Jonathan Chapman to Chairman, 11 August ( PDF 176 KB)
- Letter from Chairman to Colin Myler, 29 July ( PDF 54 KB)
- Letter from Colin Myler to Chairman, 10 August ( PDF 86 KB)
- Letter from Chairman to Tom Crone, 29 July ( PDF 60 KB)
- Letter from Tom Crone to Chairman, 6 August ( PDF 378 KB)
- Letter from Chairman to Harbottle and Lewis, 29 July ( PDF 996 KB)
- Covering letter from Harbottle and Lewis to Chairman, 11 August ( PDF 287 KB)
- Attachment from Harbottle and Lewis, 11 August ( PDF 1.43 MB)
- Letter from Baroness Buscombe to Chairman, 26 July ( PDF 28 KB)
- Letter from Mark Lewis to Chairman, 11 August ( PDF 802 KB)
- Letter from John Turnbull to Committee, 15 August ( PDF 725 KB)
Image: Parliamentary copyright