The Culture, Media and Sport Committee examines equal access to funding for arts, culture and the creative sector throughout the UK as part of its Countries of Culture inquiry.
Tuesday 6 September 2016, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
- George Vass, Chair of British Arts Festival Association
- Angus MacKechnie, Executive Director, Independent Street Arts Network
- Harriet Finney, Director of Policy, Creative Industries Federation
- Polly Hamilton, Vice Chair, Cultural and Leisure Officers Association
- Andrew Lowrie, Chair, Little Theatre Guild
- Mark Pemberton, Director, Association of British Orchestras
The Countries of Culture inquiry was launched in March and looks at ways to preserve and promote the UK's cultural wealth.
The previous Committee's Report into the Work of Arts Council England concluded that there is an arts funding imbalance in favour of London at the expense of tax payers and lottery players in other parts of the country, which should be rectified as soon as possible. With this in mind, the Committee wishes to use the new Countries of Culture inquiry as an opportunity to build on this report and examine the UK's wider cultural landscape.
Image: Parliamentary copyright