Communities and Local Government Committee holds third evidence session for the implementation of welfare reform inquiry
Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
Monday 28 January 2013
- Kevin Dodd, Chief Executive, Wakefield District Housing
- Gillian Guy, Chief Executive, Citizens Advice Bureau
- Kate Webb, Senior Policy Officer, Shelter
- Mark Prisk MP, Minister for Housing, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Lord Freud, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Work and Pensions
The session will take evidence on the progress made so far in the implementation of welfare reform, following from the Welfare Reform Act 2012, including issues raised for local authorities.
The inquiry follows from the Committee’s report, published in October 2011, on Localisation Issues in Welfare Reform (HC 1406).
The session will focus, in particular, on the changes being introduced to housing benefit and council tax benefit.